Hey ya’ll how is everyone doing? It has been a week around here. I know it has been a while since my last post but I have good one for you today.
I had bought some crab at the store and was going to make some rangoons with it, but then decided upon something a little different, something that I, personally, have never tried to make before. I got out some bowtie pasta and the crab and then figured I could use some lemon, because lemon always goes great with seafood, and why not some cream cheese (since I bought it to make rangoons). Let me tell you this turned out better than I hoped it would and it ended up being super easy to make too! You may also eat this as a cold pasta salad, I have not tried that yet, but if you do please let me know how it is!
There are only 2 of us in the house, but I made enough for 3 people.
- 2 cups Crab- I bought a sealed packet of crab that had already been cooked (and no it was not imitation)
- 3 cups (dry) Bowtie pasta (or any kind of pasta)
- 5 tablespoons Cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 lemon (fresh)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dill
- First cook your bowtie pasta, or whatever pasta you decided. Follow the instructions on the box.
- When the pasta is finished, drain, and then add the crab and cream with half of the lemon squeezed in. Mix that up for about 1-2 minutes on low to low-medium heat.
- Now you are going to add the cream cheese, the salt and pepper and the dill and the rest of the lemon juice, staying on whatever heat setting you choose. Mix this all together until the cream cheese is well blended into the pasta. Add more salt and pepper, if you need, or if you like more lemon flavor you can add more lemon juice or even some lemon pepper.
That is it folks. Pretty simple recipe that I found to be absolutely delicious and filling! You could also add some fresh parsley (mine is just beginning to grow) to this dish and I think it would add a nice flavor as well.