Looking for an easy, quick appetizer to make for a party, or just something to snack on? Well here is one that is inexpensive to make and Super Delicious! This is a very adaptable recipe, the list of ingredients can be changed and more or less of each can be different as well. I made about 20 (maybe a bit more). I did not make a dipping sauce with these, but you could always use sweet and sour or a habanero sauce (maybe next time for me). If you have any that you would like me to try with these please comment below and I do hope you enjoy.
- 1 package cream cheese (8oz)
- Crab (imitation is fine, but so much better with real crab)
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1 egg
- Worcestershire Sauce (1/2 TSP)
- Garlic Powder (1/4 TSP)
- Onion Powder (1/4 TSP)
- Pepper (1/4 TSP)
- Salt (1/4 TSP)
- Green Onion (about 2)
- Olive oil (1-2 TBSP)
- Coconut Oil for frying (or any preferred)
- Put coconut oil in pan that you are going to use to fry, or in deep fryer. Let that warm while you are putting together the Rangoon.
- Heat the Olive oil in a small sauté pan and add the green onion, seasonings and a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Sautee for approximately 3 minutes. Take off heat and let sit.
- While you let the onion mixture sit, take the crab, cut finely and mix together with the cream cheese in a mixing bowl, Once the crab and cream cheese are mixed together, add the onion and 1/2 TSP Worcestershire sauce.
- Take your egg and a little water (making an egg wash) and beat together. Lay out wonton wrappers and put the crab mixture (about a TBSP) and put in middle of wrapper.
- Fold wonton wrapper in half (so it looks like a triangle or pyramid) add the egg wash to the edges so that they seal. Then fold the 2 pointed ends towards the middle, where they meet and fold the main point of triangle down. Use the egg wash to seal all sides (wonton wrapper package should have instructions on folding)
- Once you have them all folded and sealed, drop them in the coconut oil and fry till golden brown on each side ( 2-3 minutes)