It is amazingly delicious. In mine I used pepper jack cheese instead of the mozzarella. And I did not use onion (hubby doesn’t like). I hope you all enjoy too!
I found this recipe on Pinterest. Credit for the recipe goes to ‘Tastes Better from Scratch’ Here is the link to original recipe…..
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 of a red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 baguette crusty bread
- To a large mixing bowl, add chicken, 1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, onion, cilantro, and 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce. Stir well to combine. Add a tiny bit more barbecue sauce if the mixture seems too dry.
- Cut the top edge of the bread loaf off and hollow out 1 1/2 inches deep to create a well for the filling. Spoon the BBQ chicken mixture into the loaf. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with remaining BBQ sauce.
- Place on a baking tray and bake at 325 F degrees for about 20 minutes or until warmed through.